Call for Proposals 2023 Modality 3
VICEPRESIDENCY OF RESEARCH OF TECNOLÓGICO DE MONTERREY
The objective of the challenge is to generate applied basic research for Researchers within the model and to generate research outcomes (part of the evaluation). On the other hand, a professor without a research load can be part of a proposal.
The objectives of this call are:
The call in its modality 3, invites the scientific-innovative community of the Tecnológico de Monterrey that have demonstrated disruptive solutions, either with physical prototypes or virtual prototypes (modeling/simulation) that are in TRL 4 stage, to submit their proposal and thus have the possibility of accessing the economic fund that allows the maturation of the technology and the development of the first MVP (Minimum Viable Product), in a period of 12 months
1. The proposer must be Research Model Professors from National Schools and Interdisciplinary Institutes can apply as Principal Investigators for this call.
As mentioned above, PIs submitting a proposal to this call (2023) AND leading a proposal for the call (2022) should demonstrate they have submitted proposals externally during the last 12 months (external funding is expected).
Team members may include:
- Full-time research professors (Research Models: 75%, 50%, 25%)
- Experts for specific tasks: Professors from Tec (Intellectual Vitality) and strategic universities.
- Research units from the Interdisciplinary Research Institutes can invite teachers from school to develop specific tasks/products using their allocated time to do research.
- Research groups from the National Schools are allowed to invite professors from institutes to develop specific tasks/products using their allocated time to do research.
- Professor Researchers involvement in projects (2022) and new projects (2023) should be less than 100%
2. The proposer must carry out scientific-technological research activities and/or innovations affiliated with the Institution (Tecnológico de Monterrey).
3. This call will support science-technology based projects (PBCT) aimed at solving problems or taking advantage of opportunities in the priority research areas of Tecnológico de Monterrey, including the area of education.
4. For the purposes of this call, a "science-technology based project" is defined as: "a project that, through science, provides innovative solutions, and that is based on an invention/technology".
5. PBCTs must have a minimum Technology Readiness Level (TRL) TRL4 determined with the TRL calculator defined in (ANNEX 1) and virtual prototypes (modeling / simulation) are accepted.
6. Other requirements: priority criteria for pre-selection of PBCT.
Interdisciplinary work teams. The work team that makes up the PBCT, in addition to the proponent, should ideally be composed of the following profiles:
o At least one teacher with experience in the technologies required by the project.
o At least one member with business/commercial experience.
o Preferably a member with experience in technological innovation.
Note: all members must be Tec de Monterrey professors or
Proposals that meet the requirements will be considered regardless of the amount of resources required, until the available funds are met. The committee may request adjustments to the budget if the proposal is selected.
The proponent and its work team, in case of being selected to receive the fund, commit to:
● Use the funding to scale the proposal to TRL5 level or higher in a maximum of 12 months according to the established work plan, with its respective iterations. In case of requiring more time, an extension may be requested to the Evaluation Committee justifying the reason, and the latter will determine whether to provide the extension, as well as the conditions of the same for a maximum of 6 more months.
● Participate in periodic progress meetings.
● Complete your work team.
● Generate relevant tests and/or prototypes according to the TRL level with results.
● Have results to notify your invention or have in process a patent application or registration of any intellectual property figure.
Carlos Téllez Martínez <email@example.com>
technology-based projects prototypes development business models for the creation of an EBCT entrepreneurship technology scaling value and market discovery
About modifications to 2022 CALL. NEW DATES FOR DELIVER THE REPORTS
Email sent by Ana Lilia Benavides at the request of Dr. Neil Hernández and María Alejandra Venegas Pinto about the changes of the validity dates of the 2022 challenge “New dates 2022 for delivery the reports.pdf”, you can see it in the section tutorials.
How can I learn to use the Science Connexion platform?
Please review this video tutorial to familiarize yourself with the main functions of the platform.
Where are I can you find the presentation of the last 2 session of modalities 1, 2 and 3?
Please review the section Tutoriales
Where are I can find Q&A for this call?
Please review the section Tutoriales
Where can I find the CONAHCYT Scholarship tab?
Please check the Tutorials section
· Functional prototype verified under laboratory conditions (TRL 5 or higher).
· MVP Documentation
Consider Ineligible expenses and allowable expenses.
The following table outlines dates and activities all teams must be aware of. Applications (including the formats and additional documentation) must be submitted in their entirety from August 23th until October 20th at 23:59 p.m. No proposals will be accepted after this date.
August 23th, 2023
Call for proposals opens
October 20th, 2023
Call for proposals’ deadline
October 20th, 2023 - January 7th, 2024
January 12nd, 2024
Selected projects publication
January 15th - 19th, 2024
Funding for selected projects period
For more information consult the call.
circle circle circle circle circle